Why Join the PROtect Team
Each team member is a valuable asset to PROtect and is treated as such. We provide competitive compensation and benefits to our employees and have built a strong foundation with a dedicated team that practices teamwork and enjoys a family-like atmosphere. Headquartered in Kansas with locations throughout the Midwest, our traditional values are driven by a need to provide quality services and client satisfaction.
Available Career Opportunities
PROtect is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides its employees with the opportunity to make a difference and a chance for growth. If you desire to work for a company that raises the bar in quality services and client satisfaction, you are highly encouraged to apply.
Position Title: LDAR technician
Positions Supervised: None
Reports To: Sr. Client Services Manager
The LDAR technician is directly responsible for the execution of all fugitive emissions monitoring (Method 21) activities and LDAR at assigned customer sites. The LDAR technician prepares for all such activities to ensure they are carried out in a safe, reliable, and efficient manner. The LDAR technician coordinates with the site personnel to enable efficient execution of fugitive emissions monitoring while ensuring compliance with customer and company standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Reporting any and all incidents, injuries, near misses, motor vehicles, or any other unsafe condition or acts to the supervisor and the Safety Department regardless of how minor they are.
- Responsible for efficient scheduling with customer locations
- Responsible for internal quality assurance and control of activities and reports.
- Develops routes within an industrial facility to create efficiencies while at customer locations
- Responsible for monitoring components in an industrial environment to detect emissions from process equipment using a portable analyzer and electronic data collector,
- Performs Method 21 daily activities including monitoring activities for an assigned route with an allotted amount of time, ensuring all components are accurately monitored and reported.
- Responsible for calibrating equipment to ensure optimum performance. Makes minor mechanical adjustments when situations arise.
- Identifying leaks and process leak tags.
- Completing daily upload of monitoring activity to the customer database and completes daily emissions monitoring reports- must have basic computer knowledge.
- Communicating daily equipment changes with office personnel.
- Communicating/coordinating with plant personnel.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must have a valid drivers license
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Six-12 months of related experience in industrial field, preferably (LDAR), and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic PC Skills with particular emphasis on MS Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Prior experience using a PDA device with the ability to download data to a database is preferred. Prior experience in chemical plants or refineries is helpful, but not necessary.
- Strong communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates initiative, planning work, and carrying out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, and undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze data, evaluate situations and identify problems or opportunities, including likely causes.
- Ability to develop factual, logical courses of action, considering resource constraints and company values.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize work to meet assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and be open to considering new approaches to solving problems and work processes.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong commitment to continuous self-improvement.
- Very high moral, ethical, and rule of law expectations and commitments.
- Must be team-oriented with a commitment to working effectively with the Operations group or those outside formal lines of authority to accomplish both organizational and customer goals.
- Safety-oriented attitude with a true commitment to personal safety as well as the safety of others is a must.
- Must be willing/able to don respiratory protection equipment for extended periods of time.
- Must be reliable/dependable with reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends when necessary.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem-solving abilities a plus.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Talking: Ability to speak effectively and communicate clearly.
Average Hearing: Ability to hear average conversations.
Repetitive Motion: The employee is regularly required to type throughout the day as well as stand, sit, bend, kneel, squat, and walk for long periods of time.
Finger Dexterity: The employee is regularly required to use hands to type and maneuver a mouse.
Average Vision: Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical Strength: This job may require lifting of up to 50 pounds occasionally. Ability to climb and work at heights of up to 300ft. Ability to climb scaffolding & walk up to 30 flights of stairs. Work at moderate to high levels of physical exertion for extended periods.
Travel: May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the LDAR technician could be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions, including working in inclement weather conditions (extreme heat/cold). The employee may frequently be exposed to high, precarious locations such as towers (up to 300ft). They may be required to work in extreme cold and extreme heat and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Their work may involve risks to hazards such a working around moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock, explosives and vibration. The noise level in the work environment may exceed 85dB and will require the use of hearing protections.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Mathematics Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
We invite you to complete the short application below and to upload your resume. If we have any questions or would like to proceed, we will let you know.
Is Your Company Compliant?
Would your company be found compliant with your applicable regulatory requirements? Contact us directly at (316) 927-4290 for a free consultation to find out!Contact Us