The content on this page was produced by ERI Solutions, LLC, one of the companies that merged in 2020 to form PROtect.
Risk Control Spotlight: Karen Adams
Hometown (Where You Were Born):
Sioux Falls, SD
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Chemistry – Chatham College
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) – George Washington University
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) – University of South Dakota
- Member of the South Dakota Bar
- Member of the Board of South Dakota Safety Council
- Policy Analyst – United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Environmental Health and Safety Manager – POET
- Environmental Manager – CSX
- Health and Safety Manager – POET
Why Do You Enjoy Risk Control & Compliance?
Risk control involves using the safety regulations to not only keep employees injury-free while working, but when applied appropriately, save equipment repair costs, reduce maintenance costs, and improve profitability. While the government may write the regulations, the private sector has the opportunity to gain more than compliance by keeping equipment operating, reducing downtime, using good engineering practices to maintain and build equipment, and keeping employees from harm.
- Windshield time with my husband
POET (PBR) is one of the world’s largest ethanol producer with 27 biorefineries in seven states: South Dakota, Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota, Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana. They strive to be good stewards of the Earth by converting renewable resources to energy and other valuable goods as effectively and cleanly as possible.
How Can We Help?
Safety, reliability, and compliance obligations can be the difference between a sustainable and profitable business and one that is not.Contact Us