The content on this page was produced by ERI Solutions, LLC, one of the companies that merged in 2020 to form PROtect.
Why Should Our Company Comply With Regulatory Agencies When The Citation Cost Could Be Less Money?
PROtect is often asked why companies should comply with regulatory agencies when citation costs could be less money. However, such a viewpoint is not considering the big picture.
If a company is found to have been in non-compliance and a fatality occurs, there will likely be a multi-million dollar civil lawsuit to follow, brought by the family of the deceased.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, “There were a total of 5,147 fatal work injuries recorded in the United States in 2017.” In addition, millions of non-fatal work injuries occur each year.
“It is recommended that companies comply with regulatory agencies even if it seems like the citation could be less money,” said Nathan Vander Griend, President of PROtect. “Citation costs are just a guide but could be the tip of the iceberg in terms of financial cost.”
How PROtect Can Help
PROtect can help to ensure your company is compliant and has the tools needed to operate efficiently and safely. We provide:
Assessments, Audits and Analyses
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Process Safety Management (PSM) Compliance Audit
- Dust Hazard Analysis (DHA)
- Combustible Dust Hazard Characterization
- PSM Program Development and Implementation Assistance
- Risk-based Process Safety (RBPS) Program Development and Implementation Assistance
- Mechanical Integrity (MI) Program Development
- Combustible Dust Hazards Policy/Procedure/Plan
Contact PROtect directly at (316) 927-4290 for a complimentary consultation.
Related Videos & Articles
Is Your Company Compliant?
Would your company be found compliant with your applicable regulatory requirements? Contact us directly at (316) 927-4290 for a free consultation to find out!Contact Us