The content on this page was produced by ERI Solutions, LLC, one of the companies that merged in 2020 to form PROtect.
Does Our Company Need To Comply With Other Applicable Industry Standards?
Many companies in a variety of industries work hard to meet Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements. However, such companies may wonder if it is also necessary to comply with other applicable industry standards?
According to Jay Beckel, senior vice president of Client Services at PROtect, it is important for companies to comply with a number of regulatory initiatives beyond OSHA.
OSHA is not operated with the intent of being specialized in each and every industry. Therefore, they rely on consensus standards or other recognized and more specialized standards. They also hold the ability to issue citations under their General Duty Clause where if it is a hazard common in your business that you have or should have known of the risk or hazard you can be held accountable.
“The best thing to do would be to have a thorough hazard analysis at your facility,” said Beckel. “PROtect can complete such an assessment, which will help your company understand and ultimately meet all applicable industry standards.”
How PROtect Can Help
PROtect specializes in helping companies to ensure compliance and safety. We can start by providing any of the below:
Safety Assessments, Audits and Analyses
- Chemical Exposure Assessment
- Combustible Dust Hazard Characterization
- Dust Hazard Analysis (DHA)
- Ergonomic Assessment
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Compliance Assessment
- General Compliance Audit
- Governmental Compliance Assessment
- Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Management System Assessment
- NFPA 70E (Electrical Safe Work) Assessment
- Noise Level Assessment
- On-site Training Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- Process Safety Management (PSM) Compliance Audit
- Safety Assessment
- Site Security Assessment
- Transportation Safety Assessment
Industrial Hygiene (IH) Assessments, Surveys and Monitoring
- Confined Space Monitoring
- HAZMAT Surveys
- Asbestos Inspections
- Lead-based paint
- Poly Chlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
- Indoor Air Quality
- Mold Assessments
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Assessments and Recommendations
- Qualitative and Quantitative Exposure Assessments
- Worker Exposure Monitoring for:
- Personal dosimetry
- Carbon monoxide
- Diesel particulates
- Hexavalent chromium
- Lead paints and coatings
- Welding fumes
- Heat stress
PROtect works within a variety of industries, and we have clients throughout the United States who utilize our risk control services.
Contact PROtect directly at (316) 927-4290 for a complimentary consultation.
Related Videos & Articles
Is Your Company Compliant?
Would your company be found compliant with your applicable regulatory requirements? Contact us directly at (316) 927-4290 for a free consultation to find out!Contact Us