The content on this page was produced by ERI Solutions, LLC, one of the companies that merged in 2020 to form PROtect.
Does our company need to submit GHG reports? If so, what are the submission requirements?
In 2009, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) published a rule for the mandatory reporting of greenhouse gases (GHG) from sources that in general emit 25,000 metric tons or more of carbon dioxide equivalent per year in the United States.
According to the EPA, “This collection of comprehensive, nationwide emissions data is intended to provide a better understanding of the sources of GHGs and to guide the development of policies and programs to reduce emissions.”
Requirements and Timeframe
“Typically reporting is required for combustion sources,” said Lauren Taylor, a Senior Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Consultant with ERI Solutions, LLC. “There are 47 different categories, so it is important for facilities to review the regulations.”
Applicable facilities are required to report through an online platform by March 31 of each year.
How ERI Solutions Can Help
The ERI Solutions environmental staff provides services related to ongoing operational obligations. In addition to assistance with greenhouse gas (GHG) annual reporting, they have expertise related to:
- Air Emissions Inventory
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Reporting
- Tier II Annual Reporting
- Fuel Additive Manufacturer Annual Reporting
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Chemical Data Reporting
- SPCC Plan Review and Updates (including P.E. Certification)
- FRP Review and Updates
- RMP 5-Year Updates
- Hazardous Waste Assistance
- Permit Maintenance and Management
- Regulatory Required Notifications
- 12-Month Rolling Documentation Development
- Emission Testing Coordination
- Post-Inspection Negotiation and Response Assistance
- Representation During EPA and State Inspections
- Environmental Training
- RFS2 Engineering Review – 3 Year Re-registration
- Temporary and Part-Time Staffing
Contact ERI Solutions directly at (316) 927-4290 to discuss how we help chemical facilities ensure compliance and safety.
Related Videos & Articles
How Can We Help?
Safety, reliability, and compliance obligations can be the difference between a sustainable and profitable business and one that is not.Contact Us